Duration - 8 Hours
Commonwealth Of Dominica Approved
Any applicant who has successfully completed our Maritime Security Awareness course will satisfy the requirements for security related training, Paragraphs 1-4 of Section A-VI/6 and Table A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended 2010.
The Security Awareness Training course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of ChapterXI-2 of SOLAS 74, as amended, the ISPS Code and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence enabling them to contribute to the enhancement of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately. This knowledge shall include, but is not limited to:
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioral patterns of person who are likely to threaten security; and
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures.